I'm on mobile and can't seem to edit my other post, so here's another one. I had wanted to say that by noon Scharae managed to pull herself out of her funk enough that I felt like we would be ok to meet up with Crystal and her kids. We met at Target in Wilsonville and then went over to a park. It was a bit drizzly but that can't keep you down in the PNW! The kids played, she and I chatted, and we ended our afternoon with a spin on the tire swing! I love that we were able to get together so easily. They're in town for a week while Jason has training in Vancouver. A bittersweet taste of what life could be like!
I'm glad you got to see Crystal, that's always the best pick-me-up to see a good friend! And 3 rounds of steroids. Anyone would be a bear on that; it sounds like you've really helped Scharae to know how to handle her emotions. She seems so young to be able to understand she's not being herself when she's on those meds, but that's great that she can acknowledge it; think of all the people out there who aren't able to do that who are our age or older!
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on the guilt thing; I think similar things as far as thinking about Emily still being here, or in thinking about having 4+ at once. I know it's not the exact same thing, but that guilt is a bummer! Hopefully we'll get together sometime soon!