Saturday, July 16, 2011

Slacker!

I have pretty much stunk at the whole blogging thing lately. Sorry. I've been avoiding posting anything because I haven't gotten pictures from California (2 whole months ago now!?) but I'm just going to move on. We went to California. I have literally 1,000 pictures from the trip. But haven't gone through them to post. Just trust me, we went ;)

So on to the next trip!  The girls and I left on Tuesday for a Girls' Trip. We got to Kennewick around noon and swam in Grandma and Grandpa's pool for about 4 straight hours. Keira is officially a swimmer. Sorry, no documentation of that. Maybe on Monday I'll get a video of her or something.

Wednesday we headed east to Kuna, ID to visit Cori, Kari, and the kids. Kari got this one picture to document that we were there:

They all seemed to have fun and played as well as a 3, 4, 5, and 6 year old are going to!  Yay for cousins!

Yesterday we drove to Rexburg to stay with Beau and Joanne. The girls have had a blast. Scharae informed me today that she wants to live here in this house when she's a grown up. She'll let Beau and Joanne live here, too. Maybe. If they are lonely for her.  

We went to Yellowstone Bear World today:







And then this afternoon Beau took the girls on the 4-wheeler. Just a short little spin through the drive here. Took some mighty convincing for them to go. Too loud for Scharae and Keira needed to be sure he wasn't going to kill them first!  Now she's pretty sure her dad and Papa need to learn to drive one so she can get more rides.

 


Tomorrow we head back to Grandma and Grandpa's. I'll let the girls swim Monday morning and get on the road home in the afternoon. John has a big exam on Tuesday so he's probably been relieved to have us gone so he can cram for it.

The girls have been AWESOME travel companions this week. Better than I could have asked for. Scharae has had a few rough spots, but nothing out of the ordinary for her this summer-her routine has been thrown off ever since school let out.  This has been an awesome trip-one I'd love to do again and maybe stick around in a few more places a bit longer!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you girls are having fun. that's great that they've been such good travelers. maybe in a few years i'll think about taking my girls on a little road trip. there's no way i'd do it alone now. lauren was terrible in the car going to bear lake.

    ReplyDelete