Monday, July 25, 2011

Lately

I have rediscovered baking. It's been a loooong time since I've had the energy-or desire-to bake/cook dinner. A very long time.

We got a BBQ not too long ago and I've been working on my steak technique, burgers, we got some deLite Papa Murphy's pizzas on Saturday and grilled them and they were AWESOME. Seriously. Try the Mediterranean Chicken and Chicken Bacon Artichoke pizzas. They cook up in like 6-8 minutes and just are great. Next step is to make my own dough, etc.

Last night was t-bone steaks and caprese salad (sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzerella slices), and spinach/blackberry salad. Yum! The girls had turkey burgers with their salads.

Tonight:

Chicken Stuffed Peppers. Delicious.

4 chicken breasts
3c chicken broth
8oz cream cheese
4oz diced green chiles
4oz grated monterey jack
4oz grated cheddar
1.5tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1/4-1/2c salsa
corn from two ears/1 can
4 bell peppers halved and seeded

Preheat oven to 350F. Poach chicken in broth. Shred or pulse in the food processor. Mix shredded chicken (drain off the broth) with softened cream cheese, half the monterey jack and cheddar cheeses, cumin, salt/pepper, salsa and corn.

In a 9x13 arrange the 8 halves of bell pepper. **I poured about 1/2 inch of the broth into the bottom of the pan first.** Spoon the mixture into the peppers and top with the remaining cheddar/monterey jack cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese is bubbly and peppers are tender. **I have enough filling left over to make enchiladas later this week. I added the rest of the chicken broth to it to thin it down a bit.**





Marionberry Crisp

4.5 cups berries (I used 6c)
4T white sugar (I used 6T)
2c flour
2c rolled oats
1.5c brown sugar
1c butter
1tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl lightly toss white sugar with berries and let set. 

In another medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and oats. Cut in softened butter until crumbly.

Press 1/2 of flour mixture into 9x13 pan. Evenly pour the berries in. Top with the remaining flour mixture, pat lightly. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until topping is lightly browned and berries are bubbling up. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

3 comments:

  1. mmm....i'm adding this to our menu for next week! though, we'll have to use raspberries b/c our blackberries aren't ripe around here yet. maybe when you come to visit they'll still be around and we can go pickin' for old time's sake?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these all sound/look SO delicious. too bad I can't find some of the ingredients here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy. You should probably be glad I don't live around the corner anymore or I might have showed up for dinner that night! Guess I'll just have to try it myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete