Sunday, September 26, 2010

Things I learned on Vacation this year:


1. That these two lovelies are *almost* an absolute delight to travel with (this was BEFORE the puking began!)




2. This man is awesome. So is his hat :-P




3. This might be the only picture you see of me from our vacation. Such a pity. If you look closely, you can see that this was truly and literally a “red-eye flight” for us. Nevermind the fact that I get red-eye from pretty much any picture because of my abnormally large pupils.




4. As weirdly exposed and blurry as this picture is, I think it shows how lovely Scharae thought it was to be riding the ponies in Overland Park, Kansas!





5. Missouri is gorgeous. I even found a firm in Springfield for John to work at…but after checking it out discovered that he’s sort of overqualified for them. Bummer. Land (and gas!) is cheap out there!



6. Maybe I missed out on having a sister. They make it look so exciting and fun. Brig, if you’re reading this, I wish you’d been a girl. I don’t know if the world could have handled a female version of Cori! :-P




7. We sure like our food. And yes, I realize I was lying about the one and only picture of me. This was at John’s favorite restaurant-Lambert’s Café, home of the Throwed Rolls. They literally throw the rolls across the room when you hold your hand up for one! Oh, and the entrées and sides are all-you-can-eat, too!




8. We all have excellent straw faces.




9. Springfield has changed a lot in the 10 years since John lived there. This giant fork was in the middle of an open grassy area, from what he can remember. Took us a minute to find it because it was a fully developed business park now!




10. Pappy lives at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. At least that’s what the girls told me!




11. They’re just not ready to be car models yet. Scharae’s working on it-she was supposed to be turned to her side and showcasing the awesome car made out of a muffler-yes, a huge muffler! Keira, well…she didn’t want to be in the picture but wouldn’t get out of it!




12. 2 ½ years makes a HUGE difference in little children! Look at those chubby little angels in the middle!




13. Um…not sure what to say here. It was all Scharae’s idea to drink out of the paper bags…




14. I know I said we liked to eat. But did I mention that Scharae loves fried okra???




15. The girls have no need to go to Disney World now that they know Branson has roller coasters, tea cups and flying elephants.




16. Snow White Kitty and Ploodle sure do love Sprit of the Dance. So do their humans.




17. They grow their grasshoppers huge in Missouri! And apparently Scharae has an excellent Popeye look!




18. This girl keeps getting cuter and cuter!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I had no idea there was so much to do in Branson. We will have to keep it in mind for a future vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little family - craziness and all! I wish I could hang out with you and your girls!!! But I have to disagree with you on Jack's hat - that's just plain doofus.

    ReplyDelete