

My friend Amy posted yesterday about a pear pizza she made. And it really struck a chord in me. And I happened to have pears that needed to be eaten. So for tonight we had gluten-free pizza. Main dish was a light alfredo sauce with fresh spinach, tomato slices a light sprinkle of cheddar and thick yummy fresh mozz...nom nom nom! The girls gave it their solid seal of approval. And then they were ready for their "dessert". When I told them I was going to make a pizza with pears on it they promptly asked what their first dinner pizza would be because pears were a dessert food, which is why I had to make the tomato/spinach one!
I really enjoyed the pear pizza. It was a pleasant cross between sweet and savory. I used the same light alfredo, a sprinkle of cheddar, more thick slabs of mozz and then topped it with the sliced pears. Yum!
I really enjoyed the pear pizza. It was a pleasant cross between sweet and savory. I used the same light alfredo, a sprinkle of cheddar, more thick slabs of mozz and then topped it with the sliced pears. Yum!


Meet my gluten-free bread. It rose a lot more than I anticipated while it was in the oven. It was supposed to bake for 60-65 minutes...this is what it looked like after 30-35! My oven isn't typically a hot oven so I think it just rose a lot more than it was supposed to!
Both the pizza crust and this bread are from mixes by Bob's Red Mill (located not too far north of us near Portland, but found all over the country for gluten-free products). No, none of us have a confirmed gluten intolerance, but Keira has had some digestive issues for a long while now and so we're going to give GF a fair shake. We've already been working on some diet changes completely separate-purely for the sake of eating healthy-to where our refrigerator is 90% fresh produce and dairy. Eating this way really makes GF eating pretty simple. Keira is on a sandwich kick so I'm trying to find a bread that tastes alright, has an alright texture, and preferably one I can duplicate without having to have a mix!
If anyone has any great GF bread recipes, throw them at me!
Both the pizza crust and this bread are from mixes by Bob's Red Mill (located not too far north of us near Portland, but found all over the country for gluten-free products). No, none of us have a confirmed gluten intolerance, but Keira has had some digestive issues for a long while now and so we're going to give GF a fair shake. We've already been working on some diet changes completely separate-purely for the sake of eating healthy-to where our refrigerator is 90% fresh produce and dairy. Eating this way really makes GF eating pretty simple. Keira is on a sandwich kick so I'm trying to find a bread that tastes alright, has an alright texture, and preferably one I can duplicate without having to have a mix!
If anyone has any great GF bread recipes, throw them at me!
Renea Brown has an awesome Rice bread recipe. I'll email her and get a copy for you to try.
ReplyDeleteYour pear pizza looks yummy.... well... minus the Alfredo sauce part for me... but we all know I missed the cheese boat. :)
whoo hoo! I'm happy for you! Isn't it great to add a new recipe to the mix? Love it when that happens. That's great your girls considered it a treat! awesome. gluten- my brother does gluten free- and he's an amazing cook- he's pretty busy right now- but maybe when life calms down for him, I can get some recipes for you. I hope that solves the problem with her digestive problems.... I feel for her, it's awfult o have stomach issues.
ReplyDeletearen't you supposed to be out of town?
ReplyDelete