Sunday, August 30, 2009

mmmmm....summer!



To me, summer's embodiment is fruit. Fresh fruit from local farms to be more precise. Living here in Oregon I have decided to still consider eastern Washington "local" because, well, that's where some of the best stuff on earth comes from!


For the last two nights Jack and I have enjoyed fresh nectarine slices over rainbow sherbet, with fresh mint sprigs and whipped cream. These pictures also have fresh pear slices. The pears are from dad's pear tree, the nectarines are from Wenatchee and the mint is from our one and only herb-garden item!

mmmmm.....dessert is good enough to be dinner on nights like these!

4 comments:

  1. I loved being home last month to eat all the fruit, especially the nectarines. That doll house is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so good! and kinda fancy i must admit with the mint. i think we need to go to EZ orchards together and get some short cake that i keep hearing about....thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!

    That looks SO delish!

    I picked up the cookbook that you recommended...I'm excited to try out some new recipes.

    Feel free to stop by my blog:
    Http://notthepathichose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious and I have all of that at home right now!
    Thank you for stopping my blog
    For Your Tears. Thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete