Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend in Seattle!

I don't have all the pictures from our weekend. Crystal and Liz took more than I did. But here's what I have to share.



My toes. I love pink/white pedicures! Crystal took a cool picture with all 4 of our feet. Ok, really there were 8 feet in it...but 4 people...you get the idea...


At The Cheesecake Factory! I'd never been here before....YUMMMM!
Me and Jess...can you tell I had the Cabrio for the 5.5 hours it took me to drive up there!? I look like a lobster on the face. I'm now sporting some lovely sunglasses lines at my temples!


Liz and Crystal....cute as ever! and yummy bread in the foreground! Crystal got pictures of the food...trust me, it was worth the wait! At least mine was.


On the streetcar. I think this was the first time for Liz, and maybe Crystal and Jess too. We rode it from in front of the hotel up to Westlake Center where we walked down to Pike's Place Market (sorry no pictures of that...Crystal has a few, though). The plan was then to walk back to Westlake and ride the Monorail over to the Space Needle for "Bite of Seattle"...but when we got up there the line to buy a ticket for the monorail was at least 45 minutes long, or more. So we hoofed it!

Funny story about the pedicures. We spent like all afternoon on Friday looking for a spa/salon to have them done at. Liz saw one but we decided to keep going instead of checking it out...BIG mistake! It was like 3 when we started on our quest. It was 6 when we finally made our way back to the first nail salon. And it was well worth it! I've had a few pedicures in my day. But this one took the cake! It was a lot like the Qigong that John and I do for the girls. It was a pretty intense massage that went up to the knee and everything. Well worth it. I really wanted a mani also-I've only ever had one for my wedding and that was just acrylics, no massage or hand treatment or anything. But it was already closing time. So we went back Saturday morning and we all had manicures-again, complete with some awesome Qigong-esque massage. None of us were all that impressed with the actual polish we had done, but the cuticle treatment and the massage were great!

All in all, this was a great weekend. I'm so glad we did this and I miss my girls already. I can't wait until we spend an entire week up there in December!

1 comment:

  1. i had such a great time with you guys and i definitely think we need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete