Sunday, May 17, 2009

Girls' Birthdays...finally!

I finally got pictures uploaded from the girls' birthdays. Sorry it's so many-this was my first party for them and it went well! **Darn...it seems as if blogger isn't uploading them all right-some of them are cut off on the right side! I swear I took better pictures than this**

First-on Scharae's birthday I took them down to my work and Papa took them out on the JCB diggers. Keira wasn't too into it...


...but Scharae was ALL OVER the backhoe! I thought he was helping her figure out that she needed push the joysticks to do it. He told me later that he was holding her back or she'd have been digging all over the place!


Their blood runs blue..even though Keira is determined that when she grows up she'll be driving tractors for the John Deere dealership

The girls with their boys-Jax and Boomer-whom they are quite determined to marry, BTW.


Jaxon and Boomer were there with them and I think the kids all had a lot of fun!

Ok, the party. First is the "Pin the Flame on the Dragon" game that we played. John went online and found directions for drawing a dragon and just sat down and did it-he says he hasn't drawn since he was 12 or 13. It turned out great and he totally enjoyed it...I think some art supplies are in order for our anniversary next month!



And after the kids did their work...actually I think John manipulated the flames a little to decorate his dragon


I got all the kids foam crowns and let them decorate them with those little foam sticky things-they loved it!




The girls insist that this cottage thing is a castle, and that we needed to have it up to play with...with the Princess Tent as the entrance


THE CAKE...my first time doing a birthday cake. I took the idea from my friend Heather's cake for her dauther...hers was much better, but mine turned out passable!



I think this gift was one of the favorites-it's from Jax and Boomer Dahlstrom. Butterfly wings and cat masks....oh and "big girl" clip on earings (not the plastic kind, but cute metal little things...that are put up until they can not lose them!) They also got some great coloring books...that I had to removed the stickers from in a rush before giving them to them and some awesome "candy" which to them means dried pineapple and dried papaya!




And as a bonus...this was Wednesday. I made Scharae a soft egg so she could dip her "soldiers" into it (toast). She'd never done this before but loves dipping. I went back to the stove to make Keira and me scrambled eggs. I came back to the table and found this:


...and let's not forget the toes!


She is such a girl

3 comments:

  1. Hey!! You have two of the cutest girls!! Their party looked like it was a blast and I loved the pics with the tractors! That is awesome!! Glad you had a good time with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I have no clue about what kind they are. But the orthopedics Dr that we saw today said that corrective foot braces don't do a thing. He said that feet are going to be the way they want. He said that Drs use to think that they could correct flat feet or build arches, if you will, but he said that research has shown that the braces didn't ever improve anything. So take that however you will, but we decided that since she isn't even walking that they aren't doing her any good right now anyway. :-) hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your girls had a good birthday! I was thinking of them on Braxton's birthday. Once we finally get settled into our house, we'll have to have you guys over. Happy ver late birthday to your girls!

    ReplyDelete