
Scharae got her new car seat today-thank you Woot.com! $99 for this lovely diddy by Recaro. Yes, we're keeping her in a 5-point harness for a very long time. This sucker goes to 70 pounds and 8 years old. Which, at Scharae's rate of growth, won't take her to 8 years old. But at least to 6 I would hope! Either way, there's no way we're letting her move on to a booster/belt positioner even though the law says she can. She's just not "there yet"...kid can tantrum ;)
She loves her new seat. When she saw it online when I bought it she told me "mebbee you sew flowers on it." I was worried she was going to hold me to that. She was happy about the pink, but her old seat is a "flower seat" and she was very happy about that. So I was quite prepared to have to applique some sort of flower or two to this puppy. Luckily she was so excited by Mr. FedEx coming to the house with this Tetris style box that she didn't even need a flower on it! Yay! No carseat cover appliqueing going on here! She climbed right into it so I could fit the should harness to her height-and she even has TWO SLOTS LEFT!!! She had topped out her old seat! I'm sold on this sucker. I should have bought two, just to have another one on hand for, um...future use. In a boy color, of course ;-) The carseat has a one-handed recline on it which isn't for forward-facing use (which really...negates the easiness of it...I mean, if it's rear-facing how easy is it going to be to one-hand recline if the handle is up against the back of the seat???). Scharae thinks she needs to be turned back around rear facing so that she can 'lay down in the car' in her carseat! She was a bit miffed that I sat the seat upright when I put it in! She was so comfy in the seat that she actually dozed off in it while I was cleaning out the car and vacuuming in preparation for new seat installation! And this child doesn't really fall asleep in random places like this...
She loves her new seat. When she saw it online when I bought it she told me "mebbee you sew flowers on it." I was worried she was going to hold me to that. She was happy about the pink, but her old seat is a "flower seat" and she was very happy about that. So I was quite prepared to have to applique some sort of flower or two to this puppy. Luckily she was so excited by Mr. FedEx coming to the house with this Tetris style box that she didn't even need a flower on it! Yay! No carseat cover appliqueing going on here! She climbed right into it so I could fit the should harness to her height-and she even has TWO SLOTS LEFT!!! She had topped out her old seat! I'm sold on this sucker. I should have bought two, just to have another one on hand for, um...future use. In a boy color, of course ;-) The carseat has a one-handed recline on it which isn't for forward-facing use (which really...negates the easiness of it...I mean, if it's rear-facing how easy is it going to be to one-hand recline if the handle is up against the back of the seat???). Scharae thinks she needs to be turned back around rear facing so that she can 'lay down in the car' in her carseat! She was a bit miffed that I sat the seat upright when I put it in! She was so comfy in the seat that she actually dozed off in it while I was cleaning out the car and vacuuming in preparation for new seat installation! And this child doesn't really fall asleep in random places like this...
that's so cute! i love the colors and that's exciting that (for the time being) you don't have to sew any flowers on it...
ReplyDeletethats awesome! so funny she just sat there in it. what a goof. also i second the motion of you adding some 'flair' to the seat.
ReplyDelete