It was haircut time for Scharae today...I decided to try my hand at it since I needed it done NOW.
I was pretty much resigned to the fact that after her bath it was still going to look as horrible as it did before the bath and already had an appointment set up at a salon to have it fixed. She did NOT want it cut, kept wriggling and squirming which means I took chunks out, making it shorter and shorter than I wanted. Not to mention the fact that I've really only cut boys'/mens' hair before. I was angling the scissors the way my sister in law told me I could do to get a sort of inverted bob...yeah...didn't happen...although the finished product does remind me of a haircut I got in college after an unfortunate hair-melting incident! She let me blow dry it just enough to fluff it, and I used a tiny amount of whipped wax on the back here...I think it's passable?
I was pretty much resigned to the fact that after her bath it was still going to look as horrible as it did before the bath and already had an appointment set up at a salon to have it fixed. She did NOT want it cut, kept wriggling and squirming which means I took chunks out, making it shorter and shorter than I wanted. Not to mention the fact that I've really only cut boys'/mens' hair before. I was angling the scissors the way my sister in law told me I could do to get a sort of inverted bob...yeah...didn't happen...although the finished product does remind me of a haircut I got in college after an unfortunate hair-melting incident! She let me blow dry it just enough to fluff it, and I used a tiny amount of whipped wax on the back here...I think it's passable?
And because a Scharae-photo shoot wouldn't be complete without a totally out of it/stoned look....
I think it looks pretty cute actually.It's the beauty of curly hair. Maybe part it to the side, give it a couple of days and see how it looks.
ReplyDeletehey it could have been worse--like when i was 4 and one of my friends cut my hair with a few bald spots!
ReplyDelete