Saturday, November 15, 2008

Husband Tag

Liz tagged me


where we met: Technically...at a Friday night activity at the Institute in Bellingham back in November 2003 (or maybe even Oct!). I totally remember him. I remember the activity. Very very very clearly. He doesn't remember me, at all. Don't let him fool you. He'll try to by telling you what I was wearing-he's seen pictures of that night since then and that's the only way he "remembers" any of it! We actually had our "first" meeting going on a blind date set up by dear ol' Clay Adair to Value Village in April 2004! We met at the apartment of a bunch of girls...Amy, Jenn...and I can't remember who else lived there. Someone named Butterfly maybe?

how long we dated before we got hitched: ummm...we were engaged 10 days later and married exactly 12 weeks after we met.

how long we have been married: 4 years, 4.5 months

what's my fav feature about him: is it bad that I don't have an off-the-cuff answer for this question? I don't have a real quick "fav feature". Actually I think it's his smile. He's got one of those ones that sort of lights everything up I think.

what's my fav quality about him: I love that he's so forgiving of my faults and past mistakes. Like huge past mistakes-like before-we-met past mistakes. If he wasn't, we wouldn't be together.

what's his nickname for me: Babe, I guess. He doesn't use my name very often-not Tif or Tiffany. When he talks to other people it's "my wife"...shoud that bug me? I've been told it should...sometimes he tries to "create" a new nickname for me...generally something stupid like "sweetcakes" or "babyums" or something cheesy like that!

his fav color: Hunter green

his fav food: Mexican. Cayenne pepper makes everything his favorite food!

his fav sport: Football. Loves to watch it, and likes to plag flag football when he gets the rare chance

who said the L word first: I believe it went like this, as I was wondering whey he thought getting married 4 whole months was too soon:

"John, is it because I haven't told you I love you?"

"Well, that might be sort of part of the problem."

"Oh. Well, I do."

And that's as close as I can remember to one of us (me) being the first to say it.

first kiss, when and where: Friday April 9, in John's bedroom, after a Pirate dance at the Institute. We left the dance and were dancing to some other music in his bedroom. I had finally (yeah, Tif...finally...after what, a freaking WEEK?) taken out my tongue ring the night before thinking maybe that was why he hadn't kissed me yet (because, you know...it'd been such a freaking long time to be dating and not have kissed!). Give me some credit...I was coming out of some very non-Mormon, very worldly, very...intimate relationships...as in I had a boyfriend when I started dating John and only broke up with that boyfriend like 4 days into dating John!

fav couple thing to do: Go to dinner (childless)

how many kids: Just the girls right now. Who knows if we'll shoot for anymore.

his hidden talent: I don't know if he really has any hidden ones. He can dance. lots of people don't really know that about him-he loves latin dancing...loves to move his hips!

his age: 29

his fav music: Shakira and 80's-especially Queen

what i admire most about him: He's always trying to do better-always looking for that way to do better...me, I'm just sure I'm doing fine where I'm at.

his fav pastime: Math and Wii

will he read this: I don't think he really is conscious of the fact I have a blog. Unconscious of it maybe, but not conscious.


I'll try tagging people...see if they take the bait...
Em, Rachel, and Natalie

2 comments:

  1. thanks for doing this. i had no idea john could dance. btw i love the new layout. :)

    ReplyDelete