I know, I know. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. But I'm pretty excited about Christmas this year. Which is rare. I don't get too excited about holidays really. I have a hard time getting psyched up about an event that's going to culminate in a mere 24 hour period and then be done. But I was up at 3am this morning (don't ask) and pretty bored out of my mind. My friend Natalie showed me a digital scrapbook that she'd done for Christmas gifts (I think...maybe not for Christmas, but for gifts, anyhow) and it was pretty neat. So off to Costco's site I went, fully intending to look, but not to actually do. I don't get into that kind of thing. I have thousands of pictures on the computer of the girls...and we've never printed off more than 10. I've got 1/2 started baby books for each of them. I suck at that memorabilia stuff.
And now, I'm done with most my Christmas gifts! I did large albums for my mom, grandma, John's step-mom and one for us, and then I also did two different versions of the "pocket" sized ones. I'm calling them "Brag Books". They're for John, the grandpa's, my grandma, JOhn's mom, etc. I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.
I could see myself getting into this way more than the actual physical art of scrapbooking...the whole gluing bows and ribbons and crap like that...meh..not so much. But I do appreciate an aesthetically pleasing presentation of stuff. So long as I don't have to come up with the ideas of how to do it! Drag and click, man...drag and click!
They have a wedding album choice. I'm thinking maybe for an anniversary gift next year-5 year one-I might do an album for John. Of course it'd be more for me, but that's what those gifts are for, right?
I told you the digital scrapbook drag and clip was way better then actually trying to be creative on making one yourself. I am glad you had fun making your books.
ReplyDeleteTif, I was thinking about doing that last night for Christmas! how funny. I think I might make something for Robby's mom. I'm glad you did it. I have friends who do the ditgital scrapbooking. If you get into it, let me know where you do it and how much!
ReplyDeletei'm with you, i tried scrapbooking, even bought a bunch of stuff... but no. i just can't bring myself to do it, plus it takes SO much time and i take way too many pictures for it...
ReplyDeleteps. are you going to be in your area for thanksgiving?? i am.
the county as in my county? we're so going to have to make plans!
ReplyDeletecute!! i only made maria's costume because i had leftover tolle or toole or however you spell it from making a lampshade for her...
ReplyDeleteyes. lunch or something sounds great!! i'd LOVE to get out of the house!!
oh man, i wanna make one of those SO bad. thats on my LONG lists of wants. someday it will happen.
ReplyDeletealso, tomorrow(thurs) or friday sound great for me, we dont have anything going on so let me know what works best for you.
hello, sorry Dan was updating my phone when you called and I forgot you called. But I do have spider solitare now. Call you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete