Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lemonade

I'm on a new diet. Well, it's not really a diet per say. It's called the Master Cleanse, or the Lemonade Diet. I prefer calling it the latter. It's a full-body cleanse (not just a colon cleanse!). So far I've had zero colonic results, although I lost 3 pounds yesterday!

You make lemonade with fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic grade B maple syrup, a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper, and water (obviously). You drink 60-120 oz each day, and then you're supposed to drink your weight in ounces of water (150lb=150oz). I have a hard time with the water thing. I think I need to get down to 90 pounds-I can handle 90 oz of water...haha. Anyhow, you also take wheatgrass to get your protein and what not. And that stuff is nasty! I got the powder because it was more cost effective than the capsules...but I can see why people would do the capsules! And then you use psyllium husks and laxative tea for your laxatives. I did the husks 2x yesterday and have done the tea once today...and no special effects, so we'll see on that end. It's supposed to flush out all kind of toxins in your system, as well as help "reset" your body's natural use of food. For me...it's more about the self-control factor. I have like zero when it comes to food. I'm really realizing how much we have become a culture of living to eat instead of eating to live. I've become a lot more "crunchy" since I graduated high school, over the years. I do have certain abstract goals regarding the food we consume...but I've got to kick the feeling that every time I pass a fast food restaurant without going in that I've done something huge! I mean, seriously....I should be able to drive down the street in peace without feeling the magnetic draw. And what a stupid thing to feel victory over! If I can kick that, maybe I can convince myself to give a gluten/caesin/dairy free diet a chance, for the girls' sake. There's all kinds of buzz in the autism world about it. I had poo-poo'd it originally because it was Jenny McCarthy that I'd heard the most about it from. And I don't hold much respect for some parent who thinks that they've "cured autism"....seriously. It's not something that either needs cured nor can be cured! Triggers can be minimized, but the neurological differences in an autistic child cannot be erased!

Ok, that was my little autism soapbox. Long story short...I was not 100% successful yesterday (my first day). I got all my lemonade in. And about 110 oz of water. But then I had like 4 gold fish crackers, and 4 or 5 little crunchy pretzels. But then I got back on the wagon. I got to around 10pm and I had a whopper of a headache-which I'm told is normal because my body's flushing out toxins. It was so bad I couldn't go to sleep, though. So I had a small cup of chicken broth (homemade). And that helped. And so today I'm back on. I did finish 1/4 of Keira's banana this morning, and I didn't stop myself from eating one of the Cupcake Surprises mom left (you know, those chocolate ones with chocolate chips and cream cheese in the middle!). But other than that...I'm golden. So we'll see how this turns out. My goal is three days, so tomorrow. But I've considered making it be something I do during the day and then eat a good healthy dinner at night. That's a weightloss "option" in my little PDF info thing.

Ok, just thought I'd share!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that is crazy go nuts. Did it work? Are you cleansed?

    ReplyDelete