I think today is the first time in a very long time that I've felt pretty good the whole day! At first I didn't think it'd be a good day...I just couldn't seem to drag myself out of bed in time to get a much needed shower in before the girls were up in all their glory. But low and behold, when I suggested that they take a shower with me after a messy breakfast of peaches and oatmeal...they happily obliged! We had a blast making bubbles with the body wash on the sponge, they brought their tractors in and soaped them all up good. And as usual, they were in quite the good moods when we got out. They love water! So I put on an Elmo counting video on my tv and let them watch that on my bed while I blow dried my hair (something that I do like 2x a month!) and even curled it a little. Keira even came over and let me blow dry her curls a little, too! It was nice to be able to get all dolled up...with nowhere to go!
So then we had lunch and went and picked up Yaya. I thought we'd try story time at the smaller library across the river-the one at the main library so did not happen well last month! We went...and once again I've decided that we are not a story-time family. But oh well. I kept my cool and it didn't bug me too much. A month ago my anxiety level was such that I would have truly lost it at that point. But not today. Maybe adding B-complex and a multi-vitamin into my day is paying off. B-complex tablets are supposed to be good for helping regulate your mood...I think.
So now both girls are down for a nap, it's sunny outside, and I'm going to go out and try to get some more dirt loosened up in my front yard, ready to rototill. Of course...there are about a 1,000,001 things that need done inside...but it's over 60F out there, so I've got to get outside!
YAY!! I'm so glad that you had a good day. I've been thinking about you a lot lately... I need to come down and visit sometime.... lets talk and coordinate.
ReplyDeleteYay for both outside and the good day! I think I should invest in these b-complexes... I think a few more complexes in my life can't hurt. :) So glad you had such a good day. Springtime is a-comin!
ReplyDeletep.s. Any chance you'll be in Washington next weekend???
it's totally cool that you're not what some people would call a "better friend" i love you and think you are marvelous. we haven't been "those" kinds of friends... but now that we're on the same side of the continent i think we should be more visual friends.... you know, see each other more. i was thinking that maybe sometime we could go on a little roadtrip or something... we'll chat.
ReplyDeletehey.... so i'm 90% sure that at least my mom and i will be coming down next weekend to Brigham's Wedding (how exciting for him) and I'm excited to see you!!
ReplyDeletehahaha... when you said the left coast, i thought it was the right one, and what were you thinking. but then i realized that i suck at rights and lefts and that it is the left coast. oops!!
ReplyDelete