Wednesday, December 1, 2010

UGH

This afternoon was just one of those days.

I've looked all over for a certain item to be used in a project. Finally settled on something that I thought might work-even though I figured it wouldn't. And it didn't. Well, it sort of did, but not very effectively. So that project is a bust. And it was for a baby shower on Saturday, so I went back to the drawing board.

So I started on a skirt. Which was way too long. Tried to turn it into a pillowcase dress which was a long drawn out disaster of a failure.

My sewing machine is giving me grief. My serger thread is going nuts. Every time I came into the kitchen Keira would be on top of the table (what the heck!?). Every time I came in the living room she was balancing along the backs of the sofas or behind them pushing them around the room.

My girls who normally go straight to sleep at 5:30 are still awake. I'm done going in there. I've taken away flashlights (nightlights w/back up batteries), put away books, gotten them back out of dress-up clothes and back into jammies, put away the dollhouse and all it's paraphernalia, etc.

I have a cold. I'm on the upside-finally-but I am just exhausted. And I haven't eaten dinner. But John's fixing that problem-Panada Express is on it's way, so I hear...

Still not sure what to do for the baby shower gift, though :\

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your day. I know I can't wait for the kids to go to bed after a day like that, and when they don't, I just don't have the patience for it. Do they really go to bed at 5:30 p.m.? I thought my kids had an early bedtime at 7:30/8:00. When do they get up?

    ReplyDelete