Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holland...deel een

(That's part one in Dutch)

2 weeks ago I went on a quick weekend trip to Holland! It's taken me awhile to get the pictures up, but here are a few-mom and I have a bad habit of not getting any pictures together when we travel!

First off, my girls L.O.V.E. escalators right now! Earlier in the month we took them to the mall downtown in Salem and rode escalators for 2 hours! Keira was on the search for "the biggest one" and thinks she found it in Kohls....nope!



Mom and I on some even bigger escalators! Keira and Scharae would love Europe, just for the escalators everywhere!



Those of you who have me on facebook (rare as I might actually go on and update!) might notice that I am part of the "I Love Doner Kabobs" group! I do. I love them. Well, really I love Durums which are like a huge thick tortilla with shaved meat (preferably chicken but I've had lamb and beef also) and cooked onions/peppers along with cucumbers, tomatoes, salad and various sauces all wrapped up nice and tight. Y.U.M. I've not found it over here but would pay good money to get one more often than my infrequent trips to Europe!


The meat-these are both chicken. This place used a "power saw" to shave the meat off. Most places use a very sharp knife.



Mom eating her Doner Kabob. It's much like a pita, I think. And notice the "french" fries. Which are actually a Belgian invention, not a french one. But somehow Belge Fries doesn't flow quite as well! Alas, we are very American and don't really care to dip ours in the heaps of mayo they serve them with, nor do we tend to use the cute little plastic or wood forks they give with them! Uncouth Americans!




Pardon the goofy grin. I told you I love them. And how.



Stay tuned-a little bit more to come!


4 comments:

  1. i'm not sure how excited i'd be to eat at a place called doner kabobs.. sounds a bit too much like donor. you look so cute in that last pic. why am i still keeping up with your life on blogger when you're up here?! come over already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks tasty!! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should go to Turkey, they have Durhams (sp?) on like every street corner. They are like hot dog stands in the US. Unfortuantly when we went I was 7 weeks pregnant and at the time any type of tortia made me sick, so I only tried a nible, but Kacey and my parents loved them. Someday I will have to go back to Europe so I can really try them. (that's a good excuse, right?:) I'm glad you had fun on your trip, have fun in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I'm all hungry. dang you tif.

    venti's is i believe on center st down town right by great harvest....those fries...left me speechless.

    you nat and i should go on a girl date there, no kids and all fries.

    ReplyDelete