- Wrapped the rest of the presents
- Made 3 dozen Peppermint Meltaways (I may or may not have accidentally used essential oil instead of extract, though...oops!)
- Made 2 dozen Carmelita Thumbprints
- Made up 4 cookie plates
- Gave 2 hoodlums much-needed baths...and forgot to wash hair!
- Thought about giving the dog a bath
- have not showered myself...but at least my teeth are brushed!
We had delicious tamales, etc, for dinner. Lots of yummy cookies for dessert. Mom and Dad had their missionaries over for dinner. In the process Keira asked them to tell her "the story of Baby Jesus, when he was alive and him on the cross"....they opted to have Dad put on "Joy to the World" rather than give her the run down. Guess they weren't up to the challenge of explaining it all in 4-year-old terms!
**PS: I did finally get my shower in.
***PPS: Add "made cinnamon roll wreath for brunch tomorrow" to my list of accomplishments for the day! I'm so glad to not have to worry about getting it made in the morning-trying to fit it in between the girls' present opening and going out to Mom's would be difficult! Now I just hope it turns out and doesn't go on the list of "things I should never make again"!
last time i made fudge, i added peppermint extract when i was supposed to add vanilla. oops. :) it turned out pretty good though. sounds like you were a pretty productive mammma today. wish i could say the same. :0 merry christmas to the calder fam!
ReplyDeletedang! how do you get that much done with two kids?
ReplyDeletetotally impressed
You rock! How do you make a cinnamon roll wreath? I think the missionaries should "man up" and tell the 4 year-old the story!
ReplyDelete