Friday, January 23, 2009

Haircut

Well, we went and got Keira's hair cut yesterday. It didn't turn out how I asked for it to be-it was supposed to be an inverse bob, or whatever you call the kind where it's long in front and layered in the back. My point in doing that was so she could look in the mirror and still see it long...well, the stylist left it that way until she was shaping the bob up at the end and then she must have forgotten because next thing I knew she cut off all the length in the front Yeah....Keira cried for HOURS yesterday over her hair She wanted to go back and get it cut long. She hid her head under the blanket, wouldn't let me take pictures. She was soooo sad

But, after a nap, she was a happy girl. And it's so big-girl looking! I'm going to miss her beautiful curls, but they'll grow back...they're certainly not gone!



And the way I got her to be happy about it-I showed her that she can run her hands through her hair "like mommy can do" (oh, and she can brush it ALL BY HERSELF now, too!):


And...last night I went to a sewing class. John was in the bathroom and came out, walked into the girls' room and found this:




I don't know if you can tell, but they made "a waterfall" out of the mattress on Keira's bed, which means they moved if off the trundle bed and onto the floor. Then they went to the kitchen and worked together (which is good...right? ) and moved their little table UP ON TOP of the trundle bed, sans mattress. Then they each put a chair up there. They set their table with plates and water bottles. Went back to the kitchen and got hot dog buns and english muffins out of the bread cupboard-which involved climbing up on top of the counters and getting into the cupboards. And all this after I fed them a very huge dinner and gave them dessert!

Very crafty little girls

3 comments:

  1. I like the haircut!! Did you go to the mall for a haircut? That's where I took Andersen when they chopped it all. Her hair looks great, but I know it's not what she wanted.
    PS. Did you ever send an email about the $ I owe you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel Keira's pain. That happened to me...but in college! She totally looks older, and how lady like, she can run her fingers through her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have such adorable hair. Where do the curls come from? I don't remember either of you having curls!

    ReplyDelete